Pentax Optio H90 and Optio I-10 unveiled

Monday, January 25, 2010

BY: Allison Johnson, DigitalCameraReview.com Editor


Pentax rolls out the Optio H90 and Optio I-10 today, a pair of attractively styled compacts with 5x zoom lenses and 12.1 megapixel sensors. Each camera marks the launch of a new series in the Optio bullpen - the retro-chic Optio I-10 brings a classic SLR look down to the compact Optio line, while the modern H90 offers a minimalist design aesthetic. Both cameras will support Eye-Fi wireless SD cards in addition to traditional SD/SDHC.

Pentax Optio I-10
The Optio I-10 is immediately a standout from the traditionally-designed Pentax compacts of recent years. A leather-like grip wraps around the body of the camera while a 2.7 inch, 16:9 wide aspect LCD dominates the rear. The four-way controller and surrounding buttons offer the same functions as found in previous Optio cameras.

The f/3.5-5.9, 5x optical zoom lens covers an equivalent range of 28-140mm. Backing it up is a sensor-shift image stabilization system accompanied by digital Pixel Track shake reduction. Like the Optio H90, the I-10 will shoot 720p HD videos at 30 fps.

We hope it's every bit as capable as it is good-looking, and we can't help wishing that manual exposure modes were included. The auto-only Optio I-10 should appeal to hands-off photographers looking for an attractive camera to do most of the work for them.

Pentax Optio H90
The Optio H90 shares the same 12.1 megapixel 1/2.3 sensor as the I-10, but while the I-10 looks back at designs of the past, the H90 is modern all the way. It features a clean, minimalist design and that 28mm wide angle 5x zoom lens also found on the I-10. However, the H90 won't offer mechanical image stabilization - it features only pixel track digital shake reduction.

The H90 shares plenty more of the same features you'll find in the I-10 including 720p HD video, a 2.7 inch LCD, and Auto Picture mode.

Pricing and availability
The Pentax Optio I-10 will be available in February 2010 with a price tag of $299.95. Customers will be able to take their pick of black or white models. The Optio H90 is also scheduled for February availability at a price of $179.95. It will be offered in silver-orange, ceramic white, and matte black.

0 ความคิดเห็น: